Temperature Correction Software – CorrectIR™
software performs correction calculations to remove common errors from infrared
thermometry tube temperature measurements taken with pyrometers or thermal
imaging cameras. By utilizing a mathematical model directly tied to the actual
furnace geometry, the corrected temperatures are more accurate than
conventional infrared measurements.
The proven methodology is repeatable and less dependent upon technician interpretation
of the thermal images. The corrected temperatures may be used to validate
operation within integrity operating windows, manage tube reliability and
assess failure risk. CorrectIR uses a
database structure to store and statistically compare the measurements with
future infrared measurements.
Correction Software Features
- Utilizes unique geometry for each furnace application in the correction calculations
- Calculates an effective background temperature for each tube
- Assigns a probability range to each corrected temperature value
- Corrects for common measurement errors:
- Tube emissivity
- Reflection errors from background objects
- Atmospheric (flue gas) absorption and emission error
calibration and size of source effect errors
- Avoid catastrophic failures by managing hot tubes before they
reach a critical state
- Prevent unplanned outages and lost production time
- Optimize online production, extend run times
- Manage integrity proactively and make informed decisions
concerning the scope, timing and coordination of maintenance
- Assess tube remaining life accurately
an operating record that is based upon accurate and repeatable temperature
Request a Quote.
Download the CorrectIR flyer.
For more information, please contact us.