Corrosion Consulting Services
Explore the features of Corrosion Consulting Services
- Corrosion Consulting Services
- Identification of MIC using chemical, microbiological and optical methods
- MIC prevention strategies (e.g. biocide selection and dosing regimens including compatibility with corrosion inhibitors)
- Alloy selection for resistance to MIC
- Biofouling control
- Cleaning technologies and metal biological cleaning product interactions
- Research and development (e.g. new prevention methodologies for MIC)
- Pitting Corrosion
In many situations, it is not possible or practical to inspect the entire surface area of given assets, such as a pipeline or a heat exchanger. Where the mode of damage is pitting corrosion, Quest Integrity provides a range of services to obtain required information for confident life prediction. Using extreme value statistical methods, our experts calculate the expected depth of the deepest pit based on inspection results from only a small fraction of the surface area.
The extent of
inspectionrequired depends on the severity and quantity of the pitting damage. In cases where there is excessive or little to no pitting, inspecting 10% of the total area is often sufficient. In cases that are indistinct, we use sequential decision theory to implement inspection test plans based on the degree of risk associated with each case.