Process and Plant Piping Inspection - InVistaTM
Integrity management programs that
or plant piping are challenging to implement and accurately maintain when applying traditional NDT methods. Quest Integrity provides a comprehensive solution which includes intelligent pigging technology and advanced engineering assessment capabilities. InVistaTM is used to inspect piping systems fabricated from austenitic, ferritic and some non-metallic materials, from 2” in diameter, including varying pipe thicknesses. It addresses specific challenges, such as inspection of short piping lengths in complex configurations, buried or insulated piping, elevated piping or piping systems which have limited space for launching/receiving the instrument.
Following the inspection and generation of the preliminary inspection report, the data is analyzed to identify many damage mechanisms outlined in API 571 and ASME such as wall loss degradation (e.g. corrosion, erosion, pitting, fretting, etc.) and deformation damage (e.g. denting, bulging and ovality). Inspection reports are quickly delivered for each inspection project and tailored to satisfy API 570 and API 574 process piping and system component inspection codes.
Based on the inspection results, an advanced engineering assessment using the company’s proprietary software, LifeQuest Piping, calculates the remaining life and fitness-for-service of the piping in accordance to the API 579 / ASME FFS-1 standards.
Explore the features of Process and Plant Piping Inspection
- Inspection Features
- Inspects 100% of both internal and external pipe surfaces
- Bi-directionality allows launch/retrieval from same location
- Provides 100% overlapping coverage of piping utilizing 48-366 ultrasonic transducers
- Inspects 3"-24" (76mm-609mm) diameter piping
- Inspects piping lengths ranging from a few feet long to several miles in length
- Easily navigates:
- Fittings (e.g. tees, wyes, bends)
- Short radius (1D) bends (e.g. 45°, 90°, 180°)
- Valves (e.g. ball, gate and others which do not obstruct center bore of pipe)
- Branched connections
- Results are compatible with API 570 and API 574 piping management standards
- Inspection Benefits
- Ensures piping integrity
- Pinpoints potential degradation to ensure timely repairs
- Maximizes condition assessment of internal and external pipe surfaces
- Minimizes operational and safety risk
- Cost effective in comparison to alternatives such as localized excavations
- Power Plant Piping Inspection
Buried or inaccessible piping in Nuclear and Fossil facility, including:
- Refined petroleum products
- Crude oils and unrefined petroleum products
- HDPE coal and slurry piping systems
- Petrochemical piping
- Marine transfer piping
- Fire protection
- Potable water systems
- Airport fueling systems
- Floor and equipment drains
- Insulated piping where corrosion under insulation may be an issue
- Waste water piping
- Short piping systems in and around a tank farm
- Auxiliary / emergency piping
Piping constructed of various materials:
- Carbon steel
- Stainless steel
- Mixed alloys
- Damage Mechanism Detection
InVistaTM is capable of detecting and quantifying:
- Corrosion under insulation (CUI)
- Sulfidation corrosion
- Metal dusting
- Fuel ash corrosion
- Organic acid corrosion
- Erosion / erosion-corrosion
- Galvanic corrosion
- Caustic corrosion
- Atmospheric corrosion
- Soil to interface corrosion
- Soil corrosion
- Cooling water corrosion
- Flue-gas dew-point corrosion
- Hydrogen blistering
- Creep and stress rupture
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR SERVICES PORTFOLIO, CONTACT US.
Find out more about Process and Plant Piping Inspection
- Process Piping Animation
Quest Integrity uses intelligent pigging technology to
inspect and assess process piping in refining and chemical facilities.
Click the link to the left to play the associated video.
- Nuclear Piping Animation
The InVista tool navigates
complex piping circuits, providing 100% inspection coverage of the interior and
exterior surfaces. It detects and records wall loss damage such as pitting,
corrosion or erosion, and deformations such as denting, ovality, swelling or
bulging with superior accuracy.
Click the link
to the left to play the associated animation.
- Process Piping Brochure
- Nuclear Pipe Inspection Brochure
SOLUTIONS RELATED TO PROCESS AND PLANT PIPING INSPECTION
Advanced ultrasonic inspection services for the power, petrochemical and mineral refining industries.
FITNESS FOR SERVICE AND REMAINING LIFE
A multi-disciplinary approach to evaluate structural components to determine if they are fit for continued service.
ASSET INTEGRITY MANAGEMENT
A multi-disciplinary assessment and inspection approach to effectively manage critical facility assets.