Quest Integrity’s Power and Utility Services combine decades of industry experience with engineering expertise and project management know-how. We develop strategies to assure reliability of assets used for power generation and distribution—strategies such as world-class asset integrity management, preventative maintenance, and inspection solutions.
Bolstered by cutting-edge technology and the drive to meet novel challenges faced by our customers, Quest Integrity assists in development and implementation of new asset integrity processes and technologies. When asset reliability, performance, and longevity are a must, turn to Quest Integrity.
NON-DESTRUCTIVE TECHNOLOGY (NDT) CAPABILITIES
Quest Integrity’s specialist NDT group provides advanced ultrasonic inspection services for the power, petrochemical, and mineral refining industries. This group combines innovative ultrasonic techniques with the latest equipment and experience in testing a wide range of critical and high-value components to deliver engineering solutions to clients requiring in-service inspection.
- A wide variety of ultrasonic techniques, including fully automated and distance encoded:
- Full matrix capture – total focusing method/phase coherence imaging
- Phased array
- Time of flight diffraction
- Manual ultrasonics
- Pulse echo
- Pitch and catch
- Through transmission
- Operators experienced in engineering and inspection in a wide range of applications and industries requiring condition assessment
- Integration of engineering personnel with a specialist inspection team, facilitating fast and efficient design of inspection methods relevant to defects that may impact serviceability. This approach also improves the quality of data analysis.
- NDT methods are integrated with structural integrity consulting, providing fitness-for-service evaluations that help clients quickly determine if a component can continue in service or if repair is required. We also provide technical advisory reports on overall NDT programs and recommendations for future inspections and intervals.
Quest Integrity provides advanced inspection and assessment for:
- Turbines (e.g., bores, shrunk-on discs, solid rotors, and blade attachments)
- Generator retaining rings
- Pressure vessels, reactors, and exchangers
- Hydrogen plant, including detection of high-temperature hydrogen attack and hydrogen assisted cracking
- High-energy piping
- Water wall boiler tube (hydrogen damage inspection)
- Steam boiler tube (creep remnant life assessment and stand-by corrosion wall loss)
- Hydro station components
- Thick-wall reactors and other pressure equipment