Signal™ Fitness-for-Service Software
Signal™ Fitness-For-Service (FFS) is a user-friendly, intuitive software tool developed by experts for performing fitness-for-purpose and fracture mechanics analysis on fixed and rotating equipment. It gives engineers the ability to reduce operational and safety risks associated with equipment through its comprehensive adherence to industry standards.
The API 579 software is backed by our expertise, knowledge, and technology in mechanical integrity management. Our engineering team has been integrally involved in the development of the standard and the Signal FFS software since its inception and are recognized experts in structural integrity and fitness-for-service.
Signal™ FFS meets your analysis requirements to help mitigate safety risks by performing rapid fit-for-service software assessments and adherence to industry standards. In addition, a Quick Start Package is offered. This package includes training, direct access to Quest Integrity engineers and additional example problems to aid in fracture analysis.
Explore the features of Signal™ Fitness-for-Service Software
- Signal FFS Version 5.2
Signal FFS 5.2 is a 64-bit (x64) installation that includes:
- A dramatically expanded material database with values for 2004, 2010, 2015, 2017 and 2019 of the ASME code
- Metal loss thickness grids supporting copy-pasting for larger grids, in addition to the file import option for large thickness grids
- Critical flaw size plots options to help remove jumps and smooth the plot if desired
- An improved master curve calculator that has options to include a crack length and use the index temperature in the toughness estimate
- A new option to select the log file directory location
- FFS Software Features
- Implements comprehensive adherence to Fitness-for-Service standards API 579/ASME-FFS and performs crack assessments in accordance with British Standards BS 7910 procedure
- Enables rapid Level 1 and 2 Fitness-for-Service assessments across a broad array of piping, pressure vessels and tanks
- Includes advanced fracture assessment capabilities as well as parametric and Monte Carlo fracture analysis that can be used in support of Level 3 assessments
- Guides users through complex calculations with an intuitive wizard interface and Integrated Help function
- Provides quantitative support to make decisions whether to run as-is, repair or replace equipment
- FFS Software Benefits
- Development and support by industry experts increases user confidence
- Easy-to-use API 579 software enables a short learning curve
- Reduces operational and safety risk with quick Level 1, 2, and 3 Fitness-for-Service assessments
- Improves profitability by improving plant reliability and avoiding costly unplanned downtime
- Optimizes equipment yields based on remaining life estimates using aggressive operating conditions
SOLUTIONS RELATED TO SIGNALTM FITNESS-FOR-SERVICE
Supporting life-cycle reliability and performance of fired heater assets by utilizing multiple disciplines, including performance monitoring, advanced operation, tube inspection, root cause failure analysis, reliability monitoring, risk assessment, and more.